Re: netiquette: CCing on lists

Monique Y. Herman said on Tue, Oct 28, 2003 at 05:00:29PM -0700:
> Something about slrn not handling quoted-printable multi-part messages
> properly, I believe.  I don't know the meaning of what I just said, but
> that's what I've been told.  I guess I could write a vim script to clean
> it up on replies.

Ah, okay.  Since I'm sending quoted printable multi-part, that makes sense.

> > That could work.  Kind of icky, though.  If you were pulling
> > debian-user automatically to your account (via leafnode or somesuch),
> > maybe you could g= et the message-ids from the newsspool, and filter
> > dups using that... but I don= 't use gmane, so I have no idea if that
> > would actually work.
>
> That doesn't sound much less icky =P  I do use leafnode, though.  I
> don't think the message IDs are the same, but it's worth looking into.

Well, the message-id thing is less icky because it's supposed to uniquly
identify a given message: if you get two messages with the same message id, you
know that the second one is a dup.  Basically, you're playing by the rules,
instead of hacking around the problem.