Re: What would happen to Challenge/Response if ...

On Fri, 24 Oct 2003 at 03:10 GMT, Rob Weir penned:

> --PEIAKu/WMn1b1Hv9 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
>
> On Thu, Oct 23, 2003 at 11:57:11AM -0600, Monique Y. Herman said
>> On Thu, 23 Oct 2003 at 17:43 GMT, Rob Weir penned:
>> >=20 This is a good point, but it's not something I notice anymore.
>> >I scan through my lists and hit "y" on any spam in mutt; it passes
>> >the mail to "sa-learn --spam" and moves it to my spam folder.  About
>> >the only thing I see anymore in the Debian lists are CJK spam, so
>> >subjects like ???????????????????????????????????? activate my
>> >"y"-reflex.  =20
>>=20 What binding do you use to accomplish this?
>
> macro pager 'y' "<enter-command>unset wait_key\n<pipe-entry>sa-learn
> --no-r= ebuild --single --spam > /dev/null 2>&1 &\n<enter-command>set
> wait_key\n<sa= ve-entry>=3Dspam/generic-spam/\n\n"
>
> Note that backgrounds sa-learn, so if you run it on ten tagged
> messages, you will spawn ten sa-learn proccess and perhaps nuke your
> machine, so be caref= ul.  I also have a binding that doesn't
> background, and runs sa-learn over each message sequentially, for when
> I want to tag dozens of spams and nuke them = all at once.

Ah, thank you!  Once in a great while, SA doesn't flag a UCE, and this
is just what I want.  The only time I have great amounts to deal with is
in my spam mailboxes, and I don't mind running sa-learn from the command
line for those.

Is sa-learn really so intensive that multiple instances will bring down
a machine, or is that mostly a concern for older hardware?

--
monique
Unless you need to share ultra-sensitive super-spy stuff with me, please