Re: What would happen to Challenge/Response if ...

On Fri, 24 Oct 2003 at 03:48 GMT, Karsten M. Self penned:

> --wNT7VBaN1rUIB9jO Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
>
> on Thu, Oct 23, 2003 at 05:17:39PM -0600, Monique Y. Herman
> (spam@bounceswo= osh.org) wrote:
>> On Thu, 23 Oct 2003 at 22:32 GMT, Paul E Condon penned:
>> >=20 Yes. My formula is an oversimplification of the real world. My
>> >excuse is that a visit to the TMDA web page gives the impression
>> >that the formula is valid, and might reasonably be expected to suck
>> >innocent readers into using something that is flawed. TMDA, the
>> >program, is *not* utterly without redeeming social value, but C/R is
>> >flawed in many ways, some social, some technical.  =20
>>=20 If I recall a conversation on the tmda mailing list a few weeks
>>ago properly, there has been some thought given to changing the
>>documentation/summary as well as to changing the default action on
>>install to something other than challenge.
>
> Do tell.

It was during that whole discussion in which you were actively involved.
(Please let's not rehash that here.)

Found it!

http://mla.libertine.org/tmda-users/2003-09/msg00225.html

[quote author="Jason R. Mastaler"]
Currently TMDA does use C/R by default, and you have to configure it
to deliver by default instead.  This is a throwback to the early days
when TMDA did little more than C/R.  I'd not be oppose to reversing
this though.  The idea would be that a new TMDA install would deliver
all uncaught mail, and you'd have to set ACTION_INCOMING = 'confirm'
in /etc/tmdarc or ~/.tmda/config to make C/R the last resort action.
Regardless of this thread, I think this would make a new installation
less painful as well.  Any opinions on this idea?
[/quote]

--
monique
Unless you need to share ultra-sensitive super-spy stuff with me, please