Re: update in sid has killed gnome-terminal

On Tue, 21 Oct 2003 at 12:59 GMT, David Lloyd penned:

><big snip>
>
> You know what?
>
> All you technical whizz bang, dumbass geeks haven't even given a link
> to how to fix the problem. You've HINTED at what it is, but there's no
> solution.
>
> You're so fucking helpful.
>
><<-((

It's generally considered bad form to insult people from whom you are
requesting favors.

Beyond that, most people on this mailing list would rather encourage you
to learn the tools to solve a problem yourself than simply hand you a
solution.  Several people did exactly that -- they explained to you that
unstable is, gee ma, who'da thunk?, *unstable*, and that things
occasionally, generally very briefly, get screwed.  They also explained
to you the process for reporting a bug, just in case by some miracle
you're the first person to encounter this problem.

Debian is open-source and non-commercial.  This means that Debian relies
on volunteer labor to get the job done.  You have no right to get pissy
if something doesn't work or if you don't find the *volunteer* help to
be good enough.  If you want guaranteed support, start offering $$ on a
per-incident basis.  Maybe some of the folks here would be willing to
put up with you for cash.

--
monique
Unless you need to share ultra-sensitive super-spy stuff with me, please