Re: OT - Programming Languages w/o English Syntax

On Sun, 19 Oct 2003 12:03:06 -0500,
Ron Johnson <ron.l.johnson@cox.net> wrote in message
<[🔎] 1066582986.30013.25.camel@haggis>:

> On Sun, 2003-10-19 at 08:19, Arnt Karlsen wrote:
> > On Sun, 19 Oct 2003 05:51:16 -0500,
> > Ron Johnson <ron.l.johnson@cox.net> wrote in message
> > <[🔎] 1066560676.28502.15.camel@haggis>:

> > > As have every other conquering nation or tribe.
> > >
> > > Why do people think that Europeans
> >
> > ..here we go: "Europeans"?  Is "Europe" any less part of Asia than
> > India and China?  ;-)
>
> Yes, it is.

..how?  Both India and China has 3 times as many people.  These also
has as much saline water and even less rock between themselves and
Asia.  ;-)

..or, whould we look into the source of this language, politics?  ;-)

> That's why there are 7 continents, not 6.

..I'll buy the 7'th being Kalaallit Nunaat, aka Greenland.  ;-)

> But what does that have to do with my point that people have the
> same basic emotions/needs (greed, hunger) in a Corporate Boardroom
> in New York or London and in a little village in China or India.

..you call people from Western Asia, "Europeans".
What's in it for you?  ;-)

> > >  are any different than any other
> > > "race"?  Before the Renaissance, Europeans were just like the vast
> > > majority of the world's poor are now: scraping out a meager
> > > existence, oppressed by landlords, superstitious, uneducated, and
> > > occasionally conquered, and thus landlord X substituted for
> > > landlord Y.
> >
> > ..well, under today's international legal regime with control over 5
> > out of the 5 veto seats in the UN Security Council, white man
> > qualifies
>
> USA (1)
> ENGLAND (2)
> RUSSIA (3)
> FRANCE (4)
> PRC
>
> Chinese are, well, Chinese, not European/Caucasian, so I'm kinda
> confused here.
>
> > enough
> > as "Herrmensch" to convince me Adolf would have laughted his ass
> > off.
>
> Ummm....  "Herr" is like "Sir", and "mensch" is plural of "man", I
> think.  "Sir man" is, pardon the pun, a foreign concept to me.
> Surely, it's an idiom, though, that I'd understand in a different
> form.

..Monique got it closer.  ;-)

> > Red China Communism came from where?  ;-)
>
> So the idea came from Germany, and then got twisted from Marx's
> idea of revolt by workers in the Industrial Revolution to justifi-
> cation of mass starvation (in the 1950s) of peasants and then the
> Cultural Revolution, while Mao was living like an Emperor.

..bravo, not bad.  Not at all bad.   ;-)

> Face it: where ever you go, there are people who are ambitious and
> hard working enough to move "up the ladder", whether that be in a
> semi-capitalistic or "communal" system, and a democracy/republic
> or an authoritarian state.  Every one else just wants their rice
> bowl.

..yeah, billions is thrown into modifying rice genome to get it to do
what an avocado a day can do for your health, I dunno about the
rest of mankind, myself I like exciting food, but I think I'd prefer an
avocado a day in a rice diet, over an 100% rice diet, especially
if the rice is genetically modified to "do what an avocado a day
can do for your health", but then again, that's just me.  ;-)

  Scenarios always come in sets of three: