Re: Re. CD writer

On Wed, 15 Oct 2003 16:38:52 -0400,
Derrick 'dman' Hudson <dman@dman13.dyndns.org> wrote in message
<[🔎] 20031015203852.GA9392@dman13.dyndns.org>:

> On Wed, Oct 15, 2003 at 03:43:12PM -0400, Antonio RodrP`????? wrote:
> |
> | > Here's what worked (very well, I might add) for me:
> | >
> | > Configuring the kernel (this is done before compiling the kernel):
> |
> | How do you do this, through make menuconfig?
>
> Choose your poison ;-).
>
> | I suspect you mean manually editing some file. Could you please be
> | more concrete as to what file needs editing?
>
> The file that needs to change is .config in the top-level directory of
> the source tree of the kernel you are building.  If you prefer, you
> can edit that file manually.  Alternate methods of editing the file
> are
>     make config
>     make menuconfig
>     make xconfig

...and 'make oldconfig' "for new stuff only".

On Wed, 15 Oct 2003 20:56:34 -0400,
Carl Fink <carl@fink.to> wrote in message
<[🔎] 20031016005634.GA21636@nitpicking.com>:

> One thing that occurs to me:  you did do

...'make dep'...

> 	make modules
> 	make modules_install

..myself, I usually did these _before_ doing 'make install', which
dropped everything, including initrd-$VERSION.img right home
into /boot and /boot/grub/grub.conf, but this is not the Debian way.

  Scenarios always come in sets of three: