Re: Re. CD writer

On Wed, Oct 15, 2003 at 07:19:11PM -0700, Sidney Brooks wrote:

> --- Carl Fink <carl@fink.to> wrote:
> > One thing that occurs to me:  you did do
> >
> > 	make modules
> > 	make modules_install
> >
> > right?
> > --
> > Carl Fink             carl@fink.to
>

> These are not in the instructions that I am following.
> At what point are these things to be done?

See the Kernel-HOWTO, which is installed on all Debian systems by default in
/usr/share/doc/HOWTO/en-txt, and the most recent version of which is always
at http://www.tldp.org.

Unless you make modules, anything you configured to be a module simply
doesn't exist ... like ide-scsi.  It's a mistake I made the first time I
compiled a kernel, a few years ago.
--
Carl Fink             carl@fink.to
Jabootu's Minister of Proofreading