Re: procmail "solution" against swen

On Mon, 22 Sep 2003, Kevin Buhr wrote:

> Kevin Buhr <buhr@telus.net> writes:
> >
> > Um, credits go to Kevin Buhr on alt.sysadmin.recovery, thank you very
> > much, unless Victor and I happened to come up with exactly the same
> > recipe down to the byte range and choice of Base64 line.  ;)

Knowing Victor's reputation I don't think he would copy anyone else's
code. If you have read some of his posts you'll know what I mean `;-)

> Okay, I found Victor's post, and it looks like Victor and I *did* come
> up with the same choice of Base64 line (for an obvious reason---it
> contains the URL of the vanity counter the virus author is using to
> keep track of the spread and so is unlikely to give a false positive),

There wasn't too much choice was there... Think of it as natural
convergence to an optimum.

> but I can still comfortably take credit for the particular procmail
> formulation posted in this thread.

Indeed.

Grx HdV

P.S. I am on the list. You don't have to send your messages to both
the list and me. Hint, hint }:-)