Re: [OT]: CVS replacement

On Sun, Aug 17, 2003 at 01:43:00 +1000, Rob Weir wrote:
> > [tla]
> > > Another, perhaps less useful feature is symlink versioning.
> > > Subversion (and CVS) don't have this, and it's not targeted for
> > > pre-1.0, either.
> >
> > Does it also support hardlinks (i.e. a file that has several
> > positions in the repository)?
>
> No.  What sort of support would you like?  Just restoring the hard
> links, or smarter diffing or something more?

Here's an example. Most of my files are managed under Subversion,
with a single repository. I have a perl directory containing my
Perl scripts. But some of my Perl scripts are on my web server,
which corresponds to the www/software directory. For instance,
these two files are the same one:
  perl/bkm2a
  www/software/bkm2a
So, having a way to tell that to Subversion would be a good feature.
For the moment, this is handled by a script.

A symlink wouldn't be sufficient (or would be less practical), as my
website also contains "real" symlinks. So, I want to make a difference
between the two kinds of links.

--
Vincent Lefèvre <vincent@vinc17.org> - Web: <http://www.vinc17.org/> - 100%
validated (X)HTML - Acorn Risc PC, Yellow Pig 17, Championnat International