Re: [OT: Elfquest] WAS: Re: Howto released: Using OpenLDAP on Debian Woody to serve Linux andSamba users

On Tue, Aug 12, 2003 at 11:18:29PM +0200, David Fokkema wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 12, 2003 at 09:25:45PM +0100, Pigeon wrote:
> > On Tue, Aug 12, 2003 at 08:43:09PM +0200, David Fokkema wrote:
> > > Can it be 'fresh' as 'cool' outside? (I might have gotten a little bit
> > > confused, here, ;-). At least I know of fresh breezes, between moderate
> > > and strong, but that is somewhat different...
> >
> > My favourite weather, of which I have been feeling a severe lack
> > recently...
>
> The only type of persons I have met which really liked this kind of
> weather (like I do and, apparently, you do too) are people who sail a
> lot. You don't happen to be one of those people, do you? Or has this
> something to do with your pigeons???

The pigeons are part of it. They don't want to sit on eggs in this
weather, and find it hard to give older chicks enough water. Eggs
should be incubated at 38 deg C, and young chicks reared at 35 deg C,
reducing the temperature when they start to get a reasonable covering
of feathers. It's been well over that in the roof recently and all the
pigeons have been roosting outside. Since I'm not in a position to
make large vents in the walls, there's not much I can do about it.

Sailing: during my preschool years, my father and his mates built a
trimaran in the back garden, and during my school years I sailed on
this quite a lot. Unfortunately seasickness and the fact that I found
sailing out of sight of land extremely boring conspired to prevent me
really catching the bug. Outdoors-wise, though, I much prefer a fresh
cool day to go for a walk in somewhere like the Lake District than
either a hot day or a rainy day. Indoors, I get uncomfortable if it's
much over 25 deg C, and sweat buckets, which apart from being
unpleasant can have potentially destructive consequences when making
measurements on live equipment.

> Anyway, since this is already _very_ OT, the past week has been
> uncommonly hot in Europe, and there wasn't much wind, at least around
> here. I could use some not to hot day, with a fresh breeze on one of my
> free saturdays. Yes. Past few saturdays just didn't do it. <sigh>

I have a skylight whose aperture is nicely filled by a large
industrial fan, blowing out... Pity I can't fit one in the roof.

--
Pigeon

Be kind to pigeons