Re: CD access probs

On Sunday 10 August 2003 3:13 pm, Sebastian Kapfer wrote:
[...prob mounting CD...]
> /dev/cdrom is a symlink to what?

ouch.  That was simple enough, then.  Point it at the right place... OK, that
works.  Problem 1 SOLVED.

> > And, if that is not enough, the CDRW says
> >    Could not mount device.
> >    The reported error was:
> >    mount: only root can mount /dev/scd0 on /cdrw
[...]
> You haven't shown us the fstab line for /cdrw. Most probably, the "user"
> option is missing.

/dev/scd0               /cdrw       iso9660 noauto,user      0 0

A different problem, then.

Oh dear, found it.  Missed a module at configure time when installing the
Knoppix:
$ /sbin/insmod ide-scsi
insmod: ide-scsi: no module by that name found

That means I have to do some sort of 'dpkg-reconfigure kernel-modules'
or something like that, doesn't it.  (I am learning...)
I'll go try the man pages and see how I get on.

Thanks for help so far...

--
richard