Re: xine playback is jerky

On Wednesday 09 July 2003 8:50 pm, Kevin McKinley wrote:
> On Wed, 9 Jul 2003 18:29:37 -0500
>
> Marino Fernandez <mjferna@yahoo.com> wrote:
> > Run xine-check again, do you still get those errors?.
>
> Yes, even though I can watch the DVDs.

It must be that you do not have that xine-config script.... Install
libxine-dev to get it and then you wont have those errors...

Otherwise it seem to me that you are all set to enjoy your videos in a linux
box.

Now you should think on getting MPlayer and Freevo... MPlayer has a very nice
GUI, that pops up form the bottom of the screen if you need it when playing
in full screen mode... and Freevo is a TiVO/Media center replacement, uses
MPlayer to play videos, and lets you organize your videos, record TV programs
watch TV (just like TiVO)... although I have to admit that I havent tried
those features yet.