Re: xine playback is jerky

On Wed, 9 Jul 2003 18:29:37 -0500
Marino Fernandez <mjferna@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Run xine-check again, do you still get those errors?.

Yes, even though I can watch the DVDs.

> > Debian doesn't have lib-xine; it has xinelib0 and xinelib1.
> >
> I installed libxine1 and xine-ui (unstable) with apt-get... it installed
> some other files that were needed

That's what I did.

> > But now I see beginning "Warning" and "Interviews do not reflect the
> > opinions of the studio" screens, which I wasn't seeing before. :(
> >
> No clue. Can you see your videos?. What codecs so you have?, do you have
> libdvdcss installed?

I can see the videos now. I have no idea what codecs I have, but I have
libdvdcss.

The warning I was talking about is the "This video is licensed for home use
only, and the FBI will get you" warning. I hadn't missed it when I wasn't
seeing it. On a DVD I've owned for a year (and watched many times) I got the
"Interviews do not reflect the opinions of the studio" message, and I've
never seen it before. Oh, well....

Kevin