Re: Repartitioned, now can't mount root

I used Redhat 9 for a short while, and I remember now they used the
partition labels in the fstab file.  Due to the nature of my choice of
backup system, it got in the way and I had to edit fstab to set the
actual /dev/xxx names so it wouldn't find the label on the modular bay
disk on my laptop.

So, I was mistaken about "root" not being valid.

I'm not so sure how much I helped, but I'm glad it's working for you
now.

Cheers,
Bret

bwaldow at alum.mit.edu