run-parts bug (maybe)

While grappling with getting kernel 2.4.21 to compile, I checked to be
sure that the make-kpkg routine was accessing the patch-kernel files..

In the process of attempting various combinations of files, I found that
run-parts was ignoring the proper script
   (run-parts /usr/src/kernel-patch/all/apply)
which contained the file debian-2.4.21

After running various tests - even editing a copy of the file to where
it only contained "#!/bin/bash" I finally renamed the file substituting
a dash for each dot and bingo!  it worked..

It seems that run-parts (at least mine (v 1.15 ) ignores any file with a
dot in the name..

Is this a bug or something about my particular system?  Apparently the
maintainer of the kernel-patch package expected it to work, because the
name of the file to be run was debian-2.4.21.