Re: You must have Ncurses installed in order to use 'make menuconfig'

* John Galt (galt@inconnu.isu.edu) [030627 15:02]:
> On Thu, 26 Jun 2003, nori heikkinen wrote:
> >on Wed, 25 Jun 2003 03:04:20PM -0500, Nathan Poznick insinuated:
> >> Thus spake breno.moiana@partekforest.com:
> >>
> >> libncurses5-dev
> >
> >this makes me wonder why make menuconfig doesn't tell you to install
> >this particular package!  it's completely non-intuitive ...
>
> Because menuconfig isn't under the control of Debian.  it's under the
> control of the kernel people.

Right, "install libncurses5-dev" wouldn't make any sense to a RedHat
user.  Within Debian, the kernel-package and kernel-source packages do
Suggests: libncurses-dev, though, which I think is a pretty good clue.

good times,
Vineet

--
http://www.doorstop.net/