Re: run-parts bug (maybe)

Hi, David!

* David <dbree@duo-county.com> [2003-06-30 06:45]:
> After running various tests - even editing a copy of the file to where
> it only contained "#!/bin/bash" I finally renamed the file substituting
> a dash for each dot and bingo!  it worked..
>
> It seems that run-parts (at least mine (v 1.15 ) ignores any file with a
> dot in the name..

That's a feature nor a bug. :) See also the manpage:
----
       If the --lsbsysinit option is not given then  the  names  must  consist
       entirely  of  upper  and  lower  case letters, digits, underscores, and
       hyphens.
----

> Is this a bug or something about my particular system?  Apparently the
> maintainer of the kernel-patch package expected it to work, because the
> name of the file to be run was debian-2.4.21.

If there is a scribt that should be executed but isn't because it has .'s
in the name, then that's a bug in kernel-patch (kernel-*package* or what?).

Cheers,
 Mika