reinstall probs (bug,spamassassin,gettext)

Today I reinstalled my system and have lost several programs and am
having troubles with others. This is to be expected but I'd like to know
how to resolve them.

1) I used to be able to type 'bug <package>' at the command line and an
email would be composed listing the characteristics of my system and the
installed dependencies for the package. I could then add an explanation
and the email would be sent to debian. The package 'bug' has
disappeared. Is there a replacement?

2) I kept my old home directory and now spamassassin is giving me this
error message:

Jun 28 19:06:07 tc spamd[28582]: Cannot open bayes_path
/home/rick/.spamassassin/bayes R/O: Inappropriate ioctl for device

3) I installed a minimal woody and then reinstalled all the programs
from testing. 'gettext' is required for some program but this is what I
get when I try to install it:

Unpacking gettext (from .../gettext_0.10.40-8_i386.deb) ...
dpkg: error processing
/var/cache/apt/archives/gettext_0.10.40-8_i386.deb (--unpack):
 trying to overwrite `/usr/share/man/man3/textdomain.3.gz', which is
 also in package gettext-base

'apt-get -f install' doesn't help.
'apt-get -f --force-yes install' doesn't help.

--
"People think love is an emotion. Love is good sense." -- Ken Kesey
    Rick Pasotto    rick@niof.net    http://www.niof.net