Debian files available as tarballs?

Hello,

I would like to get a tarball (or tarballs) of a Debian distro for use on
a NetBSD system. However, I cannot find any place to download tarballs; on
the ftp server, I see, for instance, tools in
/debian/dists/woody/main/disks-m68k/3.0.23-2002-05-21, and nothing useful
in /debian/dists/woody/main/binary-m68k. No other places seem obvious, nor
can I find anything in the documentation or on any web sites. I then
looked on the servers which had CD images, and I see six CDs worth of
stuff - obviously overkill.

I gather that all of the tools and disk images are merely there for
installation of Debian. But what about access to just the operating system
files without gigabytes of binary packages? Is this available somewhere,
or would someone be willing to tar up a virgin install of an m68k system?

What do you people do for chroots?

Thanks,
John Klos
Sixgirls Computing Labs