Re: What's going on with Gnome in "testing"?

On Tue, Jun 24, 2003 at 07:39:17AM +0200, Mario Vukelic wrote:
> On Tue, 2003-06-24 at 04:49, stan wrote:
>

> > Hmm, I'm at home now. Given that list I'd be missing:
> >
> > Dictonary lookup
> > CPU load
>
> Both there. Don't believe every incomplete list you see :)

Thanks. Can you point me to a _complete_ list, then?

> > Slashapp
>
> Not there
>

> > This is a _very_ weak looking list of choices.
> >
> > Is this on purpose? Gnoem 2.x has been out a _long_ time for this to be all
> > that;s avaiable.
>
> I'm sure you have ported/coded several applets than?

No, in fact the configuration storage subsystem of Gnome is so ugly (IMHO)
that I will not ever find the enthusiasm to code anything for it. But this
is an _old_ argument, that's not worth rehashing at this point in time.

neither liberty nor safety."
						-- Benjamin Franklin