Re: What's going on with Gnome in "testing"?

On Mon, 2003-06-23 at 14:55, stan wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 23, 2003 at 02:04:03PM -0500, Michael Heironimus wrote:
> > On Mon, Jun 23, 2003 at 01:00:38PM -0400, stan wrote:
[snip]
> The panel applets are a key part of why I use Gnome. My panel (on the
> bottom) is slap full. Let's see, on this machine from left to right, I've
> got, The Foot, X Terminal weather, clock, Gnome terminal, help, Galeon, CPU
> load, x eyes, dictionary look up, battery monitor, XMMS, CD player,
>
> Last time I looked, most of these were not available in Gnome 2.
>
> I have almost no icons on the desktop, which seems to be Gnome 2's preferred
> (only ?) way of invoking most things.
>
> Am I alone here?

I also like The Panel, and never use desktop icons on my Gnome 2.2
system.  In fact, I disable Nautilus...

On my panel, I have
Geyes 2.2.2
Weather Report 2.2.2
The Foot
Clock 2.2.2
Icons to start up apps like Evo, Moz, OOo, XCDRoast & GnomeTerm

The complete(?) list of applets in gnome-applets 2.2.1 :
 Battstat
 CD player
 Character Palette
 Command line
 Drivemount
 Geyes
 Keyboard Layout Switcher
 Modemlights
 Stock ticker
 System monitor
 Volume control
 Weather report
 Wireless

| Ron Johnson, Jr.     Home: ron.l.johnson@cox.net          |
| Jefferson, LA  USA   http://members.cox.net/ron.l.johnson |
| "Oh, great altar of passive entertainment, bestow upon me |
|  thy discordant images at such speed as to render linear  |
|  thought impossible" (Calvin, regarding TV)               |