Re: Gnome & KDE confusions

Kent West wrote:

[snip]
I've seen this sort of behavior, but didn't find the answer 'till after I no longer needed it. I've also seen postings about this sort of thing, and the answers provided have been to add a line to /etc/X11/XXF86Config something to the effect of "swcursor" "on". I don't remember the exact place or syntax, but that might provide enough info for you to search the mailing list archives for "swcursor" and get the specifics.

Bingo. The keyword was enough to search on and find the answer. Apparently it happens with trident cards (like SJ has), and you add a line under the video card device like:
	Option		"swcursor"		"on"

Thanx.

				LJL, the roomie
--
Linda J Laubenheimer - UNIX Geek, Sysadmin, Bibliophile and Iconoclast
http://www.laubenheimer.net/ - personal demo site