Gnome & KDE confusions

I have a weird problem that is driving both me and my sysadmi roomie to distraction.

Periodically, but on a very erratic basis, while in either gnome-sawfish or kde where the mouse cursor shows to be is not where the system thinks it is when I click on something.

For example (ascii art warning):

Assume the following is are the three buttons for maximizing, minimizing and closing an application,

  |Min||Max||Close|

If the mouse cursor looks like it's ON the Close button, X-windows thinks it's on the Maximize button.

And the task bar at the bottom of the screen is just as much fun(?). *sigh*

The thing is that it hasn't done this in icewm.

Anybody got any ideas what's going on here?

TIA

	SJ
--

        SJ Straith
        linux@sarahj.net

** There is always more than one way to do a job.         **
** The object is to pick the most effective way to do it. **