Re: [Very OT] Pigeons [was :Re: your mail]

On Fri, May 23, 2003 at 10:33:52AM +0200, Joerg Johannes wrote:

> I'll let you the pigeons, and get a cat for me ;)

Two pigeons flew in through my window and nested in an old toolbox...
they raised a chick who had the run of my room. He was still quite
young when I had a kitten foisted on me without warning and despite
the fact that I had made it clear that I didn't want one, both because
of the pigeons and because I'm in a top floor flat which makes it
pretty impossible to let a cat in and out. As soon as the cat was put
down on the floor, the young pigeon opened his wings and ran
screeching at the cat, chased her under the bed and wouldn't let her
come out... Later on he used to play tag with her. The cat was very
fast (she used to run round the walls chasing flies) but the pigeon
was faster - I used to see the pigeon rise vertically into the air
with the cat also rising vertically but a teasing few inches behind.
She was a nice cat, shame I couldn't keep her in a way.

> joerg
>
> PS.: In fact, pigeons *can* be useful:
>
> http://www.cis.ohio-state.edu/cgi-bin/rfc/rfc1149.html
> http://www.blug.linux.no/rfc1149/

Teehee, yes, excellent. I can log in to nestie and ping pigeon...
these guys are doing it for real.

--
Pigeon

Be kind to pigeons