Re: Can't install XML::Mini from CPAN on Woody

<snip>
> First: although it ought to be clear by today as I author this
> follow-up, you (Kevin Mark) do not seem to have read the O.P.'s posting.

Yes, I thought that was inplied by my orignial post. But your subject
line. from my reading, said 'from CPAN', not 'from
stable/testing/unstable'.
> Second: "why not use [...]": because apt / dpkg (the Debian package
> management system) will not know that you've installed that module.
> That's very obvious to anyone who thinks about it for even a few
> moments.

Yes I am aware of the idea of package managment. But a) its not perfect
and b) there are times when one may not care/need/want to use it.

> I am not saying "don't ever use CPAN.pm" to install Perl modules to
> Debian (who am I, anyway?). Other actual *experts* have undoubtedly said
> it already in the past, probably many times. It's up to each individual
> to decide how they want to administer their Debian system. *I* use
> CPAN.pm to install, sometimes. It's just that I know what I am doing
> when I do so, I know what the drawback is.

That was my assumption, that you were not a total beginner, and that you
knew what you were doing. So, I answer in accordance with this.
<snip>
--
Kevin Mark <kmark@pipeline.com>