Re: Can't install XML::Mini from CPAN on Woody

On Sat, May 17, 2003 at 04:21:57AM -0400, Kevin Mark wrote:
> why not use
> perl -MCPAN -e shell
> that how I usually install perl module.etc.
> I found :
> XML::Mini
> XML::Mini::Document
> and a few more by a user named PDEEGAN

First: although it ought to be clear by today as I author this
follow-up, you (Kevin Mark) do not seem to have read the O.P.'s posting.

Second: "why not use [...]": because apt / dpkg (the Debian package
management system) will not know that you've installed that module.
That's very obvious to anyone who thinks about it for even a few
moments.

I am not saying "don't ever use CPAN.pm" to install Perl modules to
Debian (who am I, anyway?). Other actual *experts* have undoubtedly said
it already in the past, probably many times. It's up to each individual
to decide how they want to administer their Debian system. *I* use
CPAN.pm to install, sometimes. It's just that I know what I am doing
when I do so, I know what the drawback is.

--
See my OpenPGP key at https://savannah.gnu.org/people/viewgpg.php?user_id=6050
GnuPG public key fingerprint  | "Only when efforts to reform society have as