Can't install XML::Mini from CPAN on Woody

I'm trying to use VOCP (www.vocpsystem.com) on my Woody system.  It's a Perl
program, and requires several modules from CPAN.  When I run the installer,
it complains that it can't install the required module XML::Mini.

Someone on the VOCP mailing list suggested I do this:

	perl -MCPAN -e shell
	install XML::Mini

from the shell.

Well, it tries to install the module, but I get errors of this form:

      Fetching with LWP:
        ftp://archive.progeny.com/CPAN/authors/01mailrc.txt.gz
      LWP failed with code[400] message[FTP return code 000]
      Fetching with Net::FTP:
        ftp://archive.progeny.com/CPAN/authors/01mailrc.txt.gz
      Couldn't fetch 01mailrc.txt.gz from archive.progeny.com
      Fetching with LWP:
        ftp://cpan.nas.nasa.gov/pub/perl/CPAN/authors/01mailrc.txt.gz
      LWP failed with code[400] message[FTP return code 000]
      Fetching with Net::FTP:
        ftp://cpan.nas.nasa.gov/pub/perl/CPAN/authors/01mailrc.txt.gz
      Couldn't fetch 01mailrc.txt.gz from cpan.nas.nasa.gov
      Fetching with LWP:
        http://www.perl.com/CPAN/authors/01mailrc.txt.gz
      Going to read /root/.cpan/sources/authors/01mailrc.txt.gz
      Fetching with LWP:
        ftp://archive.progeny.com/CPAN/modules/02packages.details.txt.gz
      LWP failed with code[400] message[FTP return code 000]

I know little about Perl and CPAN beyond "scripting language" and "module
repository".  Can anyone who has experience with both Perl and Debian tell
me what I'm doing wrong here?  I would appreciate it greatly.
--
Carl Fink		carlf@dm.net
Manager, Dueling Modems Computer Forum