Re: Xfree86 - Help me patch and recompile for i810fb

chinchi said:
> I have read the i810fb how to and been trying to understand it. I am
> utterly confused what to download from the i810fb.sourceforge.net since
> there are just too many patches and many links from each patch it's really
> confusing to me.

have you tried regular X with a 2.4.x kernel and loading the 'agpgart'
module before starting/configuring X ?

the driver on my sister's computer(for Xfree86) is 'i810', which requires
the agpgart module. It is possible to get the agpgart module under 2.2.x
but the process is significantly more complicated(compared to just using
a 2.4.x based kernel)

nate