Big problems w/ writing any type of cdrom

Hello everybody,

Sorry about all the confusion the past few days - but
I really suspect things are terrible wrong when I burn
CDs: both data CDs and debian installation cds seem to
be malfunctioning !!

I should have tested data CDs more before - but today
I found those can't be mounted - just like the debian
installation cds which can't be read completely

I using this shell script to burn:

#!/bin/sh

mkisofs  -r   -o cd_image   "$1/"
cdrecord -v speed=24 blank=all dev=0,1,0  -data
cd_image
cdrecord -v -eject speed=24 dev=0,1,0 cd_image

When copying the contents off the cd, I get the
following error output:

hdc: cdrom_decode_status: status=0x51 { DriveReady
SeekCompleteError }
hdc: cdrom_decode_status: error=0x30

during the hole damn cd writing process, not a single
other (custom) proces was running; One thing which
feels wrong is, at first the fifo was 100% or 98% -
but after some time it rapidly dropped to very low
values ( < 10% ) - however, I don't know wether this
has something to do with the incorrect burning

Thanks for any input !!

Joris