Re: Big problems w/ writing any type of cdrom

On Tue, May 13, 2003 at 01:46:39PM -0700, Joris Huizer wrote:

> mkisofs  -r   -o cd_image   "$1/"
> cdrecord -v speed=24 blank=all dev=0,1,0  -data
> cd_image
> cdrecord -v -eject speed=24 dev=0,1,0 cd_image

Why blank=all?  Are you using CD-RW?  I don't know what happens if
you blank CD-R, but I know it isn't necessary.  Also, you can add
"-eject" to the recording command itself -- it records, then ejects.

If you are using CD-RW, try adding -immed and/or -force to the
command line -- I need both to burn on rewriteable media with my
drive.

> hdc: cdrom_decode_status: status=0x51 { DriveReady
> SeekCompleteError }
> hdc: cdrom_decode_status: error=0x30

I've seen that when I tried to burn a CD at too high a speed.  The
FIFO buffer is never close to empty, but the CD is defective.  I
suspect that my cheap CD-RW drive simply doesn't have the laser power
to burn on my cheap CD-RW and CD-R disks at over about 12X.  Try
reducing the speed.
--
Carl Fink               carlf@dm.net
Manager, Dueling Modems Computer Forum