Re: Libranet to sooth the savage Debian beast???

Mariano writes:
> Anyway, the reason I was jumping onto this thread was to understand how
> it could be that libranet and knoppix are based on debian and still are
> so much easier to install and I got the answer: politics.

Not politics: policy.  We _want_ distributions such as Libranet and Knoppix
to base themselves on us and serve more specialized markets.  One of the
goals of Debian is to serve as a universial distribution from which more
specialized ones can be derived.
--
John Hasler
john@dhh.gt.org (John Hasler)