Re: Libranet to sooth the savage Debian beast???

On Mon, 2003-05-12 at 09:16, Kirk Strauser wrote:
> At 2003-05-12T13:04:17Z, mkamp@gmx.de writes:
>
> > Does it make sense to standardize on the lowest common denominator?
>
> Yes.
>
> > i386 makes likely more than 98% of all installed systems, doesn't it?
>
> Very possibly.  On the other hand, since Debian is renowned for its
> treatment of all supported platforms as first-class, in addition to the
> "geek" cachet that it seems to enjoy, I'd imagine that you see a lot more
> odd hardware running Debian than you'd expect.

I don't see a problem with h/w detection only working on i386.  Why?
Even on i386, if some h/w is not detected it must fall back to the old-
style configuration.

| Ron Johnson, Jr.        mailto:ron.l.johnson@cox.net          |
| Jefferson, LA  USA      http://members.cox.net/ron.l.johnson  |
| The purpose of the military isn't to pay your college tuition |
| or give you a little extra income; it's to "kill people and   |
| break things".  Surprisingly, not everyone understands that.  |