Re: reisefs vs ext2 or ext3

Bob Proulx wrote:
Allan Wind wrote:

Kevin McKinley wrote:

XFS has some neat stuff, but one thing it lacks is a file system check and
repair utility. That seems to me a lot like hubris.

I did not know that, thanks for pointing that out.

But the whole point of a journaling filesystem is that it does not
need a filesystem check and repair utility.  So taking that as a
negative when it is a positive is completely missing the point.  It is
all built into the filesystem itself.  It is not hubris at this point.
It is a design improvement.

What if there is a bug that corrupts the journal? It is hubris to assume that such a bug could never happen.