Re: reisefs vs ext2 or ext3

On Fri, 2003-05-09 at 11:46, rico rico wrote:
> Please can anyone tell me what is difference between reisefs
> vs ext2 or ext3.(in english please)

The on-disk structure is the same in both ext2 & ext3.

The on-disk structure is radically different between ext2 & ReiserFS.

ext3 & ReiserFS are journaling file systems.  That means that reboot-
after-crash is *much* quicker.

An ext3 partition can be remounted as ext2.  Thus, any single-floppy
kernel can mount it.

ReiserFS really shines when there are lots of small files.

| Ron Johnson, Jr.        mailto:ron.l.johnson@cox.net          |
| Jefferson, LA  USA      http://members.cox.net/ron.l.johnson  |
| The purpose of the military isn't to pay your college tuition |
| or give you a little extra income; it's to "kill people and   |
| break things".  Surprisingly, not everyone understands that.  |