Re: reisefs vs ext2 or ext3

On Fri, May 09, 2003 at 03:27:54PM -0400, Allan Wind wrote:
> On 2003-05-09 13:38:38, Ron Johnson wrote:
> > ReiserFS really shines when there are lots of small files.
>
> Is XFS still considered better than ReiserFS?

Depend who you ask ;-) XFS does have some things like ACLs and Extended
attributes, though, which Reiser (3, anyway) doesn't yet have.  Reiser
does still have the advantage with dirs full of lots of small files.

> I could not find a XFS patch against 2.4.20 and not yet in the stable
> kernel (only looked at the official SGI's site though).

I'm pretty sure you can get a patch for 2.4.20 from http://oss.sgi.com/.
At least, that's where I got it from...

--
Rob Weir <rweir@ertius.org>                              http://www.ertius.org/
GPG keys: 1024D/1E73B7CD, 4096R/3ABDE5EC     |      Do I look like I want a CC?