Re: Counterstrike on Linux

On 19 Apr 2003 05:52:20 -0500
Alex Malinovich <demonbane@the-love-shack.net> wrote:
> If you're looking for realistic WWII action, you have 3 options:

> 1) Play multiplayer RTCW. It's absolutely amazing. Just like RTCW except
> with none of the fake weapons and an incredibly team-bases system.

    Eheheh... no.  I've touched it and this has to be the worst example.  You
left out three which top it by far.

1: Day of Defeat - Half-Life mod

    Of all the on-line multiplayer WWII games, this one tries the hardest to
be realistic.  MOHAA has it beat for single-player action but after
experiencing the multiplayer of MOHAA I far prefer DOD.

2: Battlefield 1942

    The planes aren't that realistic but the rest is fast, fun and fairly
accurate.  Lots of team play here.

3: WWIIOL

    WWII massively multiplayer.  It has problems but it tries to be as
accurate as possible.