Re: nVidia Ethernet card not recognized on K7N2 (MS-6570) motherboard

On Sun, Apr 20, 2003 at 20:47:05 -0400, Andrew Perrin wrote:
> On Mon, 21 Apr 2003, Vincent Lefevre wrote:
> > (in /lib/modules/2.4.18-bf2.4/kernel/drivers/video/nvidia.o).
>                                                ^^^^^^
>
> this should be your clue - the nvidia module you loaded is a driver for
> nVidia video cards, not network. That's why...

Ihis also surprised me, then I thought that all the drivers were
in the same module...

> Download a driver for the nVidia *ethernet* card you've got and install
> it.

OK, this now works. Here's what I've done, I hope this is correct:

I downloaded the source (NVIDIA_nforce-1.0-0256.tar.gz), using
the link given by Jamin. For 'make', I had to set C_INCLUDE_PATH
so that linux/modversions.h could be found. Then, I could install
the drivers.

I added the following lines

alias eth0 nvnet
alias sound-slot-0 nvaudio
alias usb-interface usb-ohci

to '/etc/modutils/aliases', typed 'update-modules', added
nvnet, nvaudio and usb-ohci to '/etc/modules' and configured
'/etc/network/interfaces' and '/etc/resolv.conf'.

Thanks to all of you,

--
Vincent Lefèvre <vincent@vinc17.org> - Web: <http://www.vinc17.org/> - 100%
validated (X)HTML - Acorn Risc PC, Yellow Pig 17, Championnat International