Re: nVidia Ethernet card not recognized on K7N2 (MS-6570) motherboard

On Sun, Apr 20, 2003 at 13:55:09 -0500, Ron Johnson wrote:
> It looks like it works best when you download the nvidia binary
> driver.
> http://www.linuxhardware.org/article.pl?sid=03/04/02/191238&mode=thread

OK, I could download the sh script from Windows 2000, and fortunately,
the kernel I'm using supports ntfs, so that I could copy the file to
the Linux partition.

When I ran the script, it said "No precompiled kernel interface was
found to match your kernel; would you like the installer to attempt
to download a kernel interface for your kernel from the NVIDIA ftp
site (...)?". I answered "no" since the network doesn't work yet.

After installing the kernel headers and running the script with
the --kernel-include-path option set to the appropriate path,
the kernel module could be successfully compiled and installed
(in /lib/modules/2.4.18-bf2.4/kernel/drivers/video/nvidia.o).

Then, I put "nvidia" in /etc/modules and rebooted.

Now /sbin/lsmod says:
nvidia   1545952   0 (unused)

'ifconfig eth0' says:
eth0: error fetching interface information: Device not found

What should I do now?

> > BTW, the machine also has an Allied Telesyn AT-2500 Ethernet card,
> > that could alternatively be used for the moment, but I don't know
> > how to make it work either.
>
> You'll need that to bootstrap the nvidia driver.

Finally, I didn't need that.

--
Vincent Lefèvre <vincent@vinc17.org> - Web: <http://www.vinc17.org/> - 100%
validated (X)HTML - Acorn Risc PC, Yellow Pig 17, Championnat International