login as root to GUI

Hi,
Since I rebooted my machine in the 1st time I can't login as root through the gui login screen.
I get error msg "system administrator can't login from this screen"
If I login as 'normal' user it's ok, and than I can use su and switch to root, but no matter what I tried, I can't login to the machine as root. (tried to delete all other users and leave only root account - couldn't login AT ALL had to re-install...not funny at all)
Each time after I reboot it opens the GUI login screen, so it's not like I can login without X and than use startX...
H E L P !
10x,
Yaron.