Re: login as root to GUI

What login manager's do you use?

In GDM (Gnome Desktop Manager) you should to set this option before you
can login as root:

( /etc/gdm/gdm.conf )
AllowRoot=true

and next type /etc/init.d/gdm restart

Then you should be able to login as root in gdm.

Regards.

--
* You're currently going through a difficult transition period called "Life." *

 .''`.
: :' :
`. `'    Proudly running Debian GNU/Linux Sid (Kernel 2.4.18) on Ext3
  `-                 http://acm.escet.urjc.es/~agutierr
             agutierr@acm.org // agutierr@pantuflo.escet.urjc.es