Re: [OT, FLAME] Linux Sucks

Quoting Nathan E Norman <nnorman@incanus.net>:

> I hear and understand what you are saying about "not all installs are
> easy"; been there, done that.  However, I never said (or at least, I
> never meant to say) that installing debian is "easy".  In fact, I do
> not care if people think installing debian is hard.  What bothers me
> are people who _think it's hard_ because they have no clue as to what's
> in their box, and they whine and bitch about it and demand a new
> better installer that not only works no matter what but has shiny
> graphics and tetris and other nonsense.  IOW, people who refuse to
> _learn_.  ESR is right on about these people.

I have to agree with you. I don't like the concept of spoon feeding people.
Just spend a little time reading and hopefully they'll understand a little
better.

I had a recent problem installing woody and getting the installer to see my
SCSI adapter. Usually at the beginning, I just quickly whip through the boot
prompt and as alwasys, away she goes. But this time, no sda. I thought
I would read a bit at the beginning, and noticed the "vanilla" option at boot
prompt. Typed in vanilla, and boom, scsi card loaded.

Read folks, read!

Cheers,
Mike