Re: [OT, FLAME] Linux Sucks

On Mon, Mar 24, 2003 at 03:07:24PM -0800, Marc Wilson wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 24, 2003 at 10:03:24AM -0800, nate wrote:
> > hopefully this time around there's enough time for them to get it
> > working, though I don't know if we'll see an official X11-based installer
> > for the next revision, I hope that they have the backend and a
> > ncurses-style installer done for the next release.
>
> Gods, whyinhell would you need X in order to install a distribution?
> That's just silly.

But it's so _cool_; nifty splash screens and widgets and whatnot make
this _look_ like the premiere linux distro.

Of course, when the shiny happy install doesn't work on some esoteric
hardware you're screwed, but nobody runs _that_ stuff.  (or do they??)

*sigh*

  Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly,
  while bad people will find a way around the laws.
          -- Plato