Re: [OT, FLAME] Linux Sucks

At 2003-03-25T15:05:08Z, Frank Gevaerts <frank@gevaerts.be> writes:

> Basically, if someone doesn't know how many keys ones keyboard has, _and_
> he doesn't know how to count them, then I doubt he should be using a
> computer at all.

Devil's advocate:

A new user may not know whether to count every single key.  For example,
shift doesn't do anything at all by itself, right?  What about my Happy
Hacking Lite's "Fn" key that's used to build the F1-F10 keys, Home, End,
etc.  Does it count?  Do those keys that don't physically exist, but are
generated when you're holding down "Fn" count?

Frankly, *I* have to look up my keyboard specs when I install X (which
happens, maybe, once every 1.5 years or so), because the answer isn't nearly
as straightforward as just counting the physical buttons.
--
Kirk Strauser
In Googlis non est, ergo non est.