Comments on security, Re: recover lost root password

Hi,
   I am new user of Debian Gnu/Linux. I have
successfully setup and started using the system (my
understanding and knowledge grows day by day).
To my current understanding security seems to be a
major drawback of gnu/linux systems.(How else can you
explain such gaping holes?).
I am also inherently suspicious of anything that goes
by "free" (Please try to convince me otherwise).
As I see it an adminstrator has his task cut out for
him to ensure the security and confidentiality of the
organization. (Gnu/Linux doesn't make things easy in
this crucial aspect!).
Is there a gnu/linux community concerned with these
issues?
Regards,
Satish
 --- Hugh Saunders <hugh@mjr.org> wrote: > On Sat, Mar