Re: Comments on security, Re: recover lost root password

On Sun, 2003-03-09 at 09:46, Satish Iyer wrote:
> Hi,
>    I am new user of Debian Gnu/Linux. I have
> successfully setup and started using the system (my
> understanding and knowledge grows day by day).
> To my current understanding security seems to be a
> major drawback of gnu/linux systems.(How else can you
> explain such gaping holes?).
> I am also inherently suspicious of anything that goes
> by "free" (Please try to convince me otherwise).
Hi,

If you are interested, you can pay me a few thousand in licensing fees,
and I would be glad to package it all into a nice CD with a manual and
flashy license for the warm and fuzzy feeling inside.

Hell, if you really want, I could even put in some code to put up a blue
screen now and again and need you to reboot for random reasons.

If you ask me, you would still be ahead of the game with regards to
software that is secure and stable.

Shri

Shri Shrikumar             U R Byte Solutions
I.T. Consultant            Edinburgh, Scotland     Tel: (0131) 558 9990
Email: shri@urbyte.com                             Web: www.urbyte.com