Re: Comments on security, Re: recover lost root password

At 2003-03-09T09:46:03Z, Satish Iyer <satish_tech2001@yahoo.co.in> writes:

> To my current understanding security seems to be a major drawback of
> gnu/linux systems.(How else can you explain such gaping holes?).

Your current understanding is lacking.

> I am also inherently suspicious of anything that goes by "free" (Please
> try to convince me otherwise).

No thanks.  There are plenty of Usenet threads and web pages for the
Googling that will give you what you need.

> As I see it an adminstrator has his task cut out for him to ensure the
> security and confidentiality of the organization.

This is true of any system.  Security is a process, not a destination.

>(Gnu/Linux doesn't make things easy in this crucial aspect!).

Ummm, sure.

> Is there a gnu/linux community concerned with these issues?

Hey!  You found us on your first try!
--
Kirk Strauser
In Googlis non est, ergo non est.