Re: X doesn't seem to load app-defaults using gdm

On Wed, 5 Mar 2003 07:42:33 +0100
Martin Kacerovsky <wizard@matfyz.cz> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Tue, Mar 04, 2003 at 07:17:41PM -0800, Marc Wilson wrote:
> > So, try this:
> >
> > rxvt*background:        black
> > rxvt*foreground:        white
> >
> > I don't know for sure what class name rxvt actually uses,
> > but a preusal of the documentation will tell you.
> >

> Most terminal emulators accept class name XTerm, I guess,
> (yeah, I know, Eterm does not, it has it's own conf. file)
> so I have in my /etc/X11/Xresources/xterm file:
>
> ! /etc/X11/Xresources/xterm
>
> XTerm*font:     -misc-fixed-medium-r-normal--20-*iso8859-2
> XTerm*scrollBar:        false
> XTerm*foreground:       grey
> XTerm*background:       black
>
> And rxvt accepts it so, and aterm too.

My bad. Apparently there was no line like this present. So basically the
settings for xterm background color get loaded from somewhere else when
not using the Xsession session under gdm. Only question is where. I'll
look to /etc/X11/Session.d/ but I didn't find it in there earlier. Maybe
I overlooked it...

--
Only two things are infinite: human stupidity and the universe, and I'm
not sure about the latter. -- Albert Einstein