Re: X doesn't seem to load app-defaults using gdm

On Tue, Mar 04, 2003 at 10:45:11PM +0100, Wim De Smet wrote:
> /etc/X11/app-defaults/Rxvt contains the following two lines:
> background:black
> foreground:white
> Yet rxvt is allways loaded with background white and foreground black.

If that's all the line actually says, of course rxvt isn't going to pay the
slightest attention.  You haven't created a resource that it SHOULD pay
attention to.

X resources are hierarchial.  The name of the file they're defined in is
entirely irrelevant.

So, try this:

rxvt*background:        black
rxvt*foreground:        white

I don't know for sure what class name rxvt actually uses, but a preusal of
the documentation will tell you.

--
 Marc Wilson |     The very remembrance of my former misfortune proves
 msw@cox.net |     a new one to me.  -- Miguel de Cervantes