Re: Dumb question: How do you reboot?

On Tue, 4 Mar 2003 21:01:47 -0800
"Eric G. Miller" <egm2@jps.net> wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 04, 2003 at 09:17:39PM -0600, Kent West wrote:
> > I believe the next version of Gnome's login screen (gdm) implements
> > a menu allowing you to shutdown/reboot.
>
> Hmm, doesn't the version in Woody have that cabability?  GDM has been
> able to do that for quite some time (I think SystemMenu is set "false"
> by default).
>
> /etc/gdm/gdm.conf
>
> [daemon]
> HaltCommand=/sbin/shutdown -h now "Halted from gdm menu."
> RebootCommand=/sbin/shutdown -r now "Rebooted from gdm menu."
>
> [greeter]
> SystemMenu=true

You can also launch the gdm configurator from the gdm menus. It is one
of the "basic" menu options in the configurator I think. It is indeed
present in that version of gdm (I'm sure of it)

grtz,
Wim

--
Only two things are infinite: human stupidity and the universe, and I'm
not sure about the latter. -- Albert Einstein