Re: VCDs (was Newbie Functioning In Debian)

On Thu, 27 Feb 2003 21:24:45 -0800 (PST),
nate wrote:

> Paul Johnson said:
>
> > Can you use one of those tools that convert bin/cue to get a
> > disk image and expect it to work right?

Well bin/cues are for cdrdao. And I know of only two free linux
that make them: cdrdao and vcdimager. So I don't think that's too
much of a problem.

> if you mean convert from an ISO to a bin/cue I don't think so,
> though never tried it. If you mean convert from bin/cue to raw
> mpeg that should work(for playback using a mpeg player like
> xine).
>

> > I'm also having difficulty finding some decent VCD
> > documentation.  I see plenty for Red Hat.  I'll admit I'm way
> > too lazy to go alien in some of the tools it mentions,
> > though...there's gotta be a Debian solution...
>
> I haven't seen much in the way of tools, vcdtools seems to be
> the dominant package to use.

s/vcdtools/vcdimager/

I think it's a more mature project. The xine guys even have a
fork of it. (Forks IMHO are good sign that a project is alive 'n
kicking.)